1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UWIC Presentation

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by bethannute, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I have to do a presentation on a current topical issue in Primary Education and was just wndering if it would be ok for me to talk about the new reading test in England for five and six year olds or if you think that it needs to be related to Wales and the Welsh curriculum.
    Thank you for any help

2. I have to do a presentation on a current topical issue in Primary Education and was just wndering if it would be ok for me to talk about the new reading test in England for five and six year olds or if you think that it needs to be related to Wales and the Welsh curriculum.
    Thank you for any help

3. I had an interview with UWIC last year. Make it as Welsh specific as possible. Also, make sure you have some welsh experience...one thing I got picked up on was my lack of experience in Welsh schools. :)

4. Thank you very much.
    I have work experience in three different welsh schools. Do you have any ideas of what I could write about?

5. Not really sure tbh as I'm training in England (no longer living in Wales) so not sure what's going on in Wales! The foundation/early years stage is different in Wales to England so maybe something about that would demonstrate you know your stuff? There's always SEN issues etc. Have a look in TES archives for the last few months - very useful. Hope it goes well!