1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UWIC PGCE primary interview help

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by lollipop2524, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hi!
    I'm new to the forums and I discovered I have an interview for primary teaching in UWIC on 15th Feb
    I applied for lower primary but I'm assuming the interviews for either are pretty much the same as it just said primary on my letter.
    I was wondering if anyone has had their interviews already and could give some advice/tips on what to expect as I'm pretty nervous and the other threads I've been reading haven't done much to ease my nerves! lol. The numeracy task esp seems pretty daunting as its so vague on the letter so if anyone knows what that entails I'd be really grateful for some advice! Also some idea of how the day works and the questions that were asked would be good too. Apologies for the number of questions, its difficult knowing what to prepare other than the presentation obv!
    Also if anyone has got their interviews on the same day feel free to write on! (would be nice to know there'll be some familiar faces there!)
    Thanks for your help! I hope everyone's interviews went/goes well! :D
    Lauren x

2. Hi!
    I'm new to the forums and I discovered I have an interview for primary teaching in UWIC on 15th Feb
    I applied for lower primary but I'm assuming the interviews for either are pretty much the same as it just said primary on my letter.
    I was wondering if anyone has had their interviews already and could give some advice/tips on what to expect as I'm pretty nervous and the other threads I've been reading haven't done much to ease my nerves! lol. The numeracy task esp seems pretty daunting as its so vague on the letter so if anyone knows what that entails I'd be really grateful for some advice! Also some idea of how the day works and the questions that were asked would be good too. Apologies for the number of questions, its difficult knowing what to prepare other than the presentation obv!
    Also if anyone has got their interviews on the same day feel free to write on! (would be nice to know there'll be some familiar faces there!)
    Thanks for your help! I hope everyone's interviews went/goes well! :D
    Lauren x

3. Hi Lauren :)
    My interview isn't till the 9th...but I'll happily give you some advice when I've done it!
    How's your presentation prep going?

Alex

4. Hi Alex!
    Thanks that's really nice of you! :D The presentation prep isn't going too badly I've done all the research and stuff I'm just trying to write it now really. Its really hard to know what they're looking for and what they want you to include. How is yours going?
    Lauren x

5. Hi Lauren,
    Im Tess and my interview is on the same day as yours. I don't think that you have to worry, its not major maths test just the basics. We will have to team up together on the day so we know at least one face.
    Tess x

6. HI Tess!
    So nice to finally meet someone who has an interview on the same day as me! Yes we shall definitely team up! You've reassured me about the maths! lol Its been so long since GCSE I'm a blank with most things mathematical! How's the presentation coming? :D
    Lauren x

7. Hi Tess & Lauren! I have my interview on the 15th! I'm really nervous about the maths test, same here I haven't had to do any maths since GCSE! What courses are you both on at the moment?
    Sarah xx

8. Hi Sarah! Its I'm at Cardiff uni at the mo studying history! How about you? Apparently from what I've read the maths is basic so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is true! Otherwise you may notice a frown developing around the forehead area on the day and some shoulder drooping! :p I thin I'm just going to look over Bitesize and have a go at a few of the tests they've got on there before hand!
    How are you feeling about everything else? How's the presentation coming? :D
    Lauren xx

9. I meant to add that its nice to meet you! lol It posted too quickly! :D x

10. Ha no worries! Nice to meet you too! I'm doing Education & Early Childhood Studies at UWIC! Feeling like that should mean i'm feeling confident about it but i'm not at all! Yeah i'm sure the maths can't be too hard, fingers crossed :) Haven't started on the presentation yet, but i'm doing it on my dissertation topic so hopefully wont take long to do! How about you? xx

11. Hey,
    I have an interview for PGCE Primary at UWIC on February 15th also! I'm so nervous as the letter with the information about the literacy and numeracy tests were vague, and so was the presentation task! What time is does your interview process start? I have to be there for 8.30am.

Gina x

12. Hi Gina! Yeah same here 08.30! Which may be better as it'll be over and done with a lot quicker! I know its all a bit vague really I think the best we can do really is prepare around what we think may come up and just try our best with the rest. I'm sure we'll all be fine! :D
    Lauren x

13. Hi! Yeah mine starts at 8.30am too, not happy about that! Yeah i've heard the literacy test is basically an article that you have to read and then put into your own words. My friend had her secondary pgce interview the other week and thats what she had to do so i'm guessing it will be the same for us! Not a clue about the maths one though..very scared! Sarah x