1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UWE PGCE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by louise-goodwin, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hello everyone.

I've been offered my unconditional place at UWE to do my Design tech PGCE for September.

Just wondering if anyone else is going to UWE this Autumn, and what accommodation they are considering, as UWE states it's post grad students are "often happier in private shared accommodation" - which would appeal to me more as I hate the thought of being with a group of 18 year olds in halls again!!
    So I am now looking to find some PGCE-ers to potentially live with (early days I know!! I am a major planner!)

Would be nice to hear from any of you.
    Louise

2. jesskiboiski

jesskiboiski New commenter

Hello!

I know you posted this over a month ago but I've also been offered a place at UWE to study PGCE English and am in the same situation as you! Definitely over the idea of living in halls again!

Just looked at the welcome site and it says that application for accommodation opens in April. I was also looking at going in shared private accommodation but the only thing I'm worried about is the fact that at my interview they said that because our placements could be miles away it was better to look at temporary accommodation in halls in order to save costs if we find out that our placements are too far to commute, so I'm not too sure what to do really!

Jess

3. Hi,

I have actually replied to your post on Student Room forum! But I have been looking at both private and professional shared accomodation. I'm going to apply for the UWE houses anyway and can always turn it down if offered a room somewhere. Yes, that really ****** me off actually, expecting us to travel to Wales for placements and funding two lots of rent! Rediculous on a student budget!
    Let me know what you decide. No doubt we will meet in September, even if we dont realise it!!

4. Hi Louise,

I have a conditional offer for design and tech (food) for Sept. I was waiting to see if I got onto a PGCE in Northern Ireland, but was unsuccessful, so more than likely going to go for Bristol now. I haven't even looked at accommodation yet, as keep thinking about the placements etc.

Very unsure what to do or even where to begin looking!!

Jane.

5. Hi Jane

Ah excellent! So you and I will be on the same course hopefully! It seems like we are all very stumped when it comes to accommodation!

6. joey81

joey81 New commenter

Heya, I'm in Bristol but I'm studying through the OU. It's a bit scary out here on my own so I thought I'd say hello to people from UWE! *waves*

7. Hey Guys.. Just thought i'd bump this thread up a bit.. I've just received an unconditional offer for Art and Design PGCE at UWE..

How is everyone getting on with planning? Its kind of just hit me that in less than 3 months i will be a student again, need to start looking for accommodation for a start!!

Hollie