1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

uuuuurrrRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mrs Peel, Sep 1, 2011.

1. A really really fat furry dusty MOTH has just burned itself to death on my uplighter-lamp!!!!!!

OOooo it smells and it's stuck under the bulb!

2. anteater

anteater New commenter

You know, the real Mrs Peel would just take that in her stride.
    Ahhh, The Avengers was the coolest programme ever.
    (Sorry for lack of sympathy - but this morning I had to remove a partially disembowelled mouse form the doormat)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

We once smelt a really awful burning smell in the living room. We had had some electrical work done and weren't sure if there was any smouldering. Unsure what to do we rang the fire brigage (on a local number). Said "No rush" but any advice. They then sent out an engine, lights on, sirens going. Came in, could smell the burning. Found a dead daddy long legs smouldering on the uplighter.
    An amusing story for them.

4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

One thing about moths ahs always puzzled me. They like the light, so why don't they come out in the day time? [​IMG]

5. Personally, I think all moths have a death wish. Wasps (when they're flying around me at a barbecue) also give the same impression [​IMG]

6. WHERE
    do they live / hide during the rest of the year - they only only start being barmy round about nowish - where are they the rest of the time??

Plotting?

7. I remember laying on my bed reading a book when I was little, it was May and was unusually hot. The head of the bed was underneath my windowsill, which had an ornament on it with a hole in. It was some kind of cup or glass. From it emerged a MASSIVE wasp with a really loud buzz and it flew directly at me! I don't think I had ever moved so fast in my life! The wasp didn't last that long as my Dad heard me shouting. That's what happens when they emerge from hibernation too early - either the weather gets them or I try to!