1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Usual waiting time between closing date and notification of interview?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by misboohoo, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hello,

I was wandering if anybody could tell me what would be considered the average waiting time between the closing date for applications and notification of interviews for an international school. This is the first experience I have of applying to International schools and I am unsure of the time delays. At my UK school the turn around time is usually two-three days before we get interview letters out.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Hello,

I was wandering if anybody could tell me what would be considered the average waiting time between the closing date for applications and notification of interviews for an international school. This is the first experience I have of applying to International schools and I am unsure of the time delays. At my UK school the turn around time is usually two-three days before we get interview letters out.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Most seem to contact me about 4 or 5 days after closing date, but I have been interviewed 2 weeks before the closing date and offered a job.

Longest time between closing date and contact has been about 3 months

4. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

We try and contact short-listed candidates 2-3 days after the closing date with interview arrangements. The whole process in total lasts about two weeks. But if we get an exceptional candidate we have interviewed before the closing date (rare indeed). Generally I would expect to hear within a week of the deadline.

5. Thank you for your help. I was wandering wether it would be ok for me to contact the school in question, say on Friday, if I haven't heard anything to ask them if they could provide feedback on my application. I am very interested in teaching abroad at this particular school or similar and would like to know what I would need to work on to improve my chances of being successful in future applications.