1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

USP 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alwaysthere, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I have been on USP1 for two years so in theory could be put on UPS2 for September. I have achieved mots but not all of my targets. Others who did not quite achieve all of theirs have been put through as the Head felt they were going to achieve them quite soon.
    I do not like to approach my Head and ask what the situation is directly. Would they have told me by now if I am progressing ?
    If not progressing would they also tell me I am not.
    If I am not progressing would I have have to wait two further years to be considered for USP2

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You won't progress unless you initiate the discussion. You need to go to your HT and let them know you are now eligible to progress to UPS2 and would like to do so. What happens after that depends on your HT and your school system.

But nothing at all will happen unless you start the ball rolling.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

You can be assessed once each year but you have to write a letter of application informing your head you wish to be considered.