1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using youtube

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by Martin_Petrides, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering how much people use youtube and other video hosting websites in lessons?
    I find that they can be useful but when trying to get my students to focus on a particular subject they always go off a tandem looking at any old video...
    Oh, I did however find a good video linked directly to the EU and what they're doing etc. which is aso interactive (can insert photo and name). I find it particularly fun when you insert Michael Gove's face and my students also enjoyed it [​IMG] http://www.theinnovativechallenge.com/
    Thanks in advance for the answers!

2. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

My students cant access youtube themselves as it's filtered! But I use it for SCLY3 Beliefs examples (people's temple, stigmata, FLDS etc) and sometimes to show a song as an introduction to a new topic.

3. Youthhealthtalk

Youthhealthtalk New commenter

Hi, just came across your post and wanted to let you know that our
    websites www.youthhealthtalk.org and ww.healthtalkonline.org have lots of videos of people talking
    about their real -life experiences of:

• <li class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:normal;">Psychosis<li class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:normal;">Autism<li class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:normal;">depression and low mood<li class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:normal;">being overweight/having
      eating disorders <li class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:normal;">drugs and alcohol<li class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:normal;">sex and sexual health

And lots of other health conditions/issues too. We aim to help people, (patients, students, professionals etc) to understand these issues by learning from
    the experiences of others. All of the interviews are conducted by Oxford
    University researchers and aim to cover the full range of experiences
    associated with each subject area. The website is freely available, so you
    can use it in lessons on your whiteboard. Please get in touch if you have any
    questions/would like flyers and posters for your school. Thanks

4. Thanks for this - this will be useful for a lot of Psychology teachers I'm sure