1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using xtramath.org in your school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by yelof, Mar 20, 2016.

1. yelof

yelof New commenter

I am looking for some ask advice and feedback from other teachers about their experiences using this web-based computer programme in their schools. The website I'm interested in is https://xtramath.org which is a free programme (on desktop computers, though there is a charge for the app version) to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.

The site allows you to create individual accounts for each child in your class so they can use it at school and at home. For the teacher (and parent too I think) it provides reports on how often the children have used it and their progress. I've contacted the organisation that run it from Seattle and they have said that the UK is their 7th most popular country and that there are lots of schools using it (although they couldn't put me in touch with any of them).

I've been using it for a week with my daughter and have been very impressed but, before suggesting to my Head to trial it in our school, I would like to get some views of other teachers using it in their schools. I teach in Year 5 & 6. If you have been using this site, I would be very grateful if you could please you tell me which year groups are using it / if it is the whole school and how it is going.

Thanks for reading. Fingers crossed some of you will know what I'm talking about!

I'm new to these forums, so if I should post this somewhere else, please point me in the right direction. Many thanks!

2. chinwoo987

chinwoo987 New commenter

Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again.