1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using thinking skills to improve analytical writing

Discussion in 'English' started by PolynomialC, Jun 23, 2016.

1. PolynomialC

PolynomialC New commenter

blueskydreaming likes this.
  2. i-mod

i-mod New commenter

Nice one. Thanks. Doha?

3. PolynomialC

That's right. Have taught in an British international school here for three years. Thanks for responding. I am genuinely interested in how this can be used by others. Out of interest, how did you know I was in Doha?

4. i-mod

i-mod New commenter

Because that's where we've met a few times!
    Peter

5. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Thanks - I'm going to use the ideas from the video!

6. PolynomialC

The video is a really good idea, isn't it? So simple. Asked my students to make their own films that explained how to use categories, examining, and comparing and contrasting. Was so much better than any sort of PEED stuff.

7. PolynomialC

Thank you Peter. Hope all is well with you. Glad you like the ideas. Sure it's stuff you've seen before but has been interesting to develop it with my students. Will we see you this way again?

8. PolynomialC

9. i-mod

i-mod New commenter

Probably not as so much has changed. I'm still busy with Inset and iGCSE but the old consortium arrangements have fallen apart.
    Have a good summer break.

10. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Great to see ways to move away from those acronyms!

11. ashleysummer

ashleysummer New commenter

Thanks for sharing them here! I have never thought I would start writing. I've always been an avid reader rather than a writer. But one day I read a great stuff - http://bid4papers.com/blog/read-more-write-better/ and understood I had to try. I'm the type of person who needs to be inspired to do anything. So, if there is inspiration, I write:)