1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using the Interactive whiteboard

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by theheadteacher, Mar 11, 2007.

1. How do you use the interactive whiteboard ? Please help me I'm stuck for effective ideas !

2. How do you use the interactive whiteboard ? Please help me I'm stuck for effective ideas !

3. Sorry, didn't mean to laugh.

Perhaps you could...LOL

4. Sorry, I meant...(LOL)

Perhaps you could be more specific about

What type of whiteboard you have
    What you are teaching
    What resources you have available
    The sorts of activities you want to deliver
    The amount of interaction you are hoping for.

LOL

Sorry.

5. theheadteacher....LOL

6. Perhaps I should be more specific.

How do you use it in an effective way to promote pupils learning. Sandie do you just use it as a presentational tool, or perhaps a tool to develop pupil interaction?

If so how do have you evaluated how pupils have benefited from having the IWB in the class, or is it just a glorified white board?

What has pupils' feedback been about the use of the board in your class ?

Has it enhanced pupil progress and learning ?

7. I think you are partly asking the wrong questions.

Better questions would be:

Do teachers who use Interactive Whiteboards find them useful?

What are teachers able to do with an IWB which they can't otherwise?

Do teachers like using IWBs?

Do IWBs reduce or increase teacher workload?

Do teachers find it easier to engage students when using an IWB?

Some research has shown that IWBs don't improve kids 'performance', I think that isn't the whole picture though.

My IWB went to the menders recently (actually it was the projector). I felt like I had lost an arm! I don't think my students necessarily do better because of the IWB. It helps me teach and therefore indirectly helps them learn. If I didn't have my IWB I would still be a good teacher though, so my students would still do well.

8. I believe that our resources can help raise standards. We worked all week to produce thinking skill resources that many teachers use for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the day. Now about 20 000 children see our resources daily. Only possible with the IWB www.GoodMorningChildren.com

9. Hi, I am an NQT nearly...and I have been reading this forum about the IWB. I am doing a research project about the use of the IWB against the normal WB and wondered if anyone could possibly fill out this survey to help me? Its my final assignment and its only 10 questions long. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TLSYZ62