1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using the Framework to plan

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pocoyo, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi I am just wondering how everyone used the Framework to plan their lessons. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

For example: i am doing Information Texts as one of my units in the Summer. It suggests 5 weeks for the unit. Do you split this up or do some of you do 5 weeks in a row? Also, looking at the objectives, I can see where some of them could be used for specific lessons, however, alot of the objectives seem like they are ongoing objectives that should be in lots of lessons anyway, especially the word recognition and word structure objectives.

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of choice in the objectives...can you take one of the main objectives and create your own objective based upon it?

Thank you in advance xxx

2. Hi I am just wondering how everyone used the Framework to plan their lessons. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

For example: i am doing Information Texts as one of my units in the Summer. It suggests 5 weeks for the unit. Do you split this up or do some of you do 5 weeks in a row? Also, looking at the objectives, I can see where some of them could be used for specific lessons, however, alot of the objectives seem like they are ongoing objectives that should be in lots of lessons anyway, especially the word recognition and word structure objectives.

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of choice in the objectives...can you take one of the main objectives and create your own objective based upon it?

Thank you in advance xxx

3. Break your chosen objective into manageable, achievable chunks.
    Look for sample unit planning to explore how to effectively teach each unit time wise.

4. Where are the sample plans? Are they on the framework website?
    xx

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You will find planning exemplification for this unit here:
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/19124?uc = force_uj
    This is the complete teaching sequence - look at the other chapters for further info.
    You do not have to do exactly what it here, you can supplement your own materials for the content if you wish.

6. Thank you Marlin.
    xxx

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Look on the resources bit of here for sample plans, you can generally find planning for anything here.

Is there another teacher at the school in the same year group you could ask?

Look on Hamilton trust and LA sites for planning.

For resources look on primaryresources.co.uk and teachingideas.co.uk and again on here.

As long as you teach all they need to know, it matter not a jot how you do it. (Well more or less).