1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using technology to record pupils' photographic evidence of progress.

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by paulmarkj, Jul 7, 2015.

1. paulmarkj

paulmarkj New commenter

I need to record evidence of pupil progress photographically. I have seen technology that does this. An iPad is connected to the school MIS and the teacher can take a photo, add some text and load it into the pupil's records.

Has anybody used any of this technology? I want to know how useful it is. Currently, each year, every teacher loads 300 photos into 300 documents and types the text into the document and we want an easier way to record this evidence.

(We are in a special school and most pupils cannot create work to be assessed).

2. I'd be curious to know how much interest there is in a tool to capture photographic evidence.

Full disclosure: I'm currently working with a colleague on an assessment tool that teachers can use to track progress against the national curriculum.

Currently, we just have a field to record notes, but could easily add a file upload or scanning button.

3. avondale123

avondale123 New commenter

Have you tried SeeSaw, it's really easy to use. http://web.seesaw.me/