1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using Studio French?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by emmacharrot, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Been using Acces this first term with yr7 as we felt they needed the basics before moving on to Studio 1. Only thing with Acces is that they come in packs of 8 and are £25 so we only bought a few packs and used Active Teach only. We used extra Acces book for our weaker students who needed to have something in front of them rather than on a big screen.
    Active Teach is definitely a plus. We bought the Acces one as well as the Studio one. It is a great resource, especially as students can access it from home on our Virtual Learning Platform. Some of my staff have started giving HW like that. It's also great when you can take students in a computer room. They can do their own listening task. The plus of the listening tasks, is that you don't need to rewind or replay anything as they do it for you. Active Teach is expensive but definitely worth the money.
    Our plan is also to use Studio 2 in yr8 which is differentiated as was Expo.
    We would love our partnership feeders schools to be able to use Acces in year 5-6 so that we could start Studio 1 in Year 7, when all students know that basics.

Hope this helps you in choosing Studio

2. Studio 1 takes a huge leap for those that haven't done French at all, so I'm currently using Studio Accès which is nice for the kids that have done French before, but also is supportive for those that have none.
    However, I don't like using it as a presentation tool - fresh out of my PGCE, I'm used to doing the 3 stage questioning and preparing all my resources from scratch. My Year 9s insist on playing Slapboard, which isn't possible if it's just presented as a virtual text book. If I'm feeling particularly lazy, then I'll just present blindly from the book.
    There's no kinaesthetic element to it either and no end of module tests (with Accès) but in general, I do enjoy having it. I love using the ActiveTeach software, it saves huge amounts of time fussing around trying to find the correct CD and/or track on it!

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

I'm glad you find them useful. I've added a lot more resources for Studio 1 since the original post. I've also reorganised the Y8 page to fit Studio 2 and so far I have created resources for modules 1 and 2.
    http://www.funwithlanguages.vacau.com/year8french.htm

4. badra

badra New commenter

Thank you so much for sharing
    YSK