1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using Smart Phones as a tool to engage with history, heritage and museums... Your help appreciated!

Discussion in 'School trips' started by _laura_, Jan 18, 2018.

1. _laura_

_laura_ New commenter

Hi,

After teaching for over ten years, I have taken a break to return to study, and complete a Masters in Heritage Management.

As part of my research, I am looking to explore how Smart / mobile phones may be used to engage students (and possibly wider audiences) with history, heritage and museums. My research is still in the very early stages, so any comments etc you may have would be appreciated.

My questions to you:

*Have you used mobile phones functions and apps either in or out of the classroom to engage students with history and heritage? If so, what and how?

*Have you ever used smart phone apps or functions on a field trip to a historical site or museum with students?

Thank you in advance,

Laura

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Google Expeditions for engaging in the classroom. And onsite I recall British museum doing something around AR and Fort Nelson on the South coast giving the students iPods to record their explorations.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Could you use those QR code things to transmit information/animations/reconstructions to a phone?