1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using Photoshop

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by justfloating, Dec 7, 2012.

1. justfloating

justfloating New commenter

Hi
    In the process of integrating Photoshop as part of a GCSE Fine Art course. First project was Portraiture/identity based, mainly involving using layering techniques. Looking for something new and exciting to do next. Any suggestions ? ( Just a brief outlinge - Im not asking for lesson plans etc)
    ..and good art historical references..
    Thanks

2. Look at my Shortcourse photography resource I have just posted. It might help you. I use photoshop regularly at GCSE, but not whole class..pupils access it on a need to basis...often as a preamble to painting and image montage. Resources you might refer to might be Kurt Schwitters, Gerhardt Richter, later James Rosenquist, Robert Rauschenberg...I use photography as a drawing tool and photoshop is a natural development stage especially if you want to go onto mixed media work..hope this helps.

3. There are so many thins that Photoshop can do, but if you've just taught them layering etc, it may be a good thing to teach them blending and of course means for creating even more detailed depth. I'm not sure what you are planning to do with the program though, so I may be recommending something unrelated..