1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using my PGCE to sit the oposiciones in Andalucia

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by davidbraith, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am a bi-lingual Spaniard who is currently living and teaching MFL in the UK, I have 10 years UK classroom experience. My degree is from Malaga University and it is in English, this degree is fine for sitting the oposiciones. I want to sit the oposiciones in Andalucia and I cannot get a firm answer about weather or not my PGCE entitles me to sit the oposiciones, I have spoken with every government official both regional and national and not one person seems to have any answers. I do not want to do the Masters.
    My question is, will my UK MFL PGCE allow me to sit the oposiciones? Has anyone else with a UK PGCE sat the oposiciones? Does anybody have any advice of the best route to take?
    Thanks in advance
    MDC

2. lunarita

lunarita Occasional commenter

AFAIK it does allow you to sit oposiciones, but you have to go through the official channels to get it convalidated first so that effectively you're sitting the oposiciones with the CAP (I may be out of date here, I think there have been some changes recently or there are some changes to come in ITT here in spain so the name may have changed).
    I assume you have to go to the Education Ministry for that but have no idea if it would be at national or regional level.

3. lunarita

lunarita Occasional commenter

4. Hi,
    Thanks for your help. I would think I can use i, it is just a real pain trying to get an answer, I have been to the Ministry and the Junta and they both give typically Spanish conflicting answers!
    Does anybody know anyone who has used the PGCE to sit the oposiciones in Andalucia?
    Thanks,
    MDC