1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using mobiles in classrooms

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by pecks, Feb 22, 2011.

1. pecks

pecks New commenter

We decided to expand our virtual education programs in teaching such as interactive learning objects that cover a specific topic, I would like to move to e-workbook that’s accessed on a mobile phone.
    I read about a total ban on phones in schools that was having a problem with funding cut backs.
    I thought that during this time of cutbacks we could use phone in a positive way.

Internet search[/LIST]Iphones are great
    I'm interested in what other teachers do?

2. pecks

pecks New commenter

We decided to expand our virtual education programs in teaching such as interactive learning objects that cover a specific topic, I would like to move to e-workbook that’s accessed on a mobile phone.
    I read about a total ban on phones in schools that was having a problem with funding cut backs.
    I thought that during this time of cutbacks we could use phone in a positive way.

Internet search[/LIST]Iphones are great
    I'm interested in what other teachers do?

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Camera phone are great for photos with Bluetooth enabled Macs/PCs. No hunting for leads and it rare to find an uncharged phone unlike the cameras that always seem to be dead when you need them most xx

4. janharper

janharper Occasional commenter

We have a variety of cookers; I can never remember which have timers that go up in seconds or minutes. So recently I have encouraged pupils to use the alarm/count down on their mobile phone.
    They also take photos to prove to their family that it looked good before they and their friends picked at it on the way home!
    Photograph homework off the board - it doesn't get lost!

5. TES Resource Team

TES Resource Team Occasional commenter Institute Enrolment Advisor

Hi there, yes I use mobile phones in the department across all key stages and find it a great tool. Furthermore as professionals who are supposed to be teaching design and therefore being on the "cutting edge" its imperative that we do so. We use it to photograph any model making process and these images are copied into the e portfolio's. We also have a supplementary resource used to enhance both KS3 and 4 courses via podcasts, we even train other schools how to produce their own podcasts! Lead by example I say, we need to be atleast as media and technology savy as our students if not more so.
    Cheers
    Spencer Herbert