1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using meditation / relaxation music

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hoppysparrow, Apr 19, 2011.

1. We introduced this as part of the Good To Be Me SEAL unit and myY1 class love it! I'd decribe my class as excitable and noisy and they respond well to those cds that have the music with someone reading a 'meditation' over the top (think the ones my school have are called relaxkids), also tried music with me reading a meditation at the same time but it meant I had to stop if someone wasn't settelling where as with the cds I can just move myself without disturbing the rest of them! Saying that the best thing to calm my class down after break/lunch is still handwriting!!

2. Hi. Have you tried www.orisinal.com? It has a variety of music which I play (without showing the kids the games. Most of the games have music which loops which means that even when the game ends. It has energising music and relaxing music.
    Otherwise, try googling bpm <90 karoke (should give you relaxing music).
    Liz

3. Umm, this is all a bit advanced for Year 1; I didn't spot that - sorry. I'm still getting used to the Year x system - I was thinking Yr 1 of secondary school, which is now Yr 7.
    I haven't yet introduced my daughter (in Yr 1) to meditation yet, and to be honest I'm not sure how I'll proceed.
    But do get them to stretch whatever method you try, and I'd love to hear how you got on.