1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using GLOW in P2

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Katie_Morag, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Katie_Morag

Katie_Morag New commenter

Hi,
    I teach a P2 class and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to use it down the school? So far I'm been using it more as a resource bank with the links to different games.
    Any ideas or examples of how other teachers have used Glow with younger children would be great!

2. Katie_Morag

Hi,
    I teach a P2 class and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to use it down the school? So far I'm been using it more as a resource bank with the links to different games.
    Any ideas or examples of how other teachers have used Glow with younger children would be great!

3. I think it is hard for younger children as they have difficulty with login and password.I mostly use it as a home link and their parents can help them at home! Sorry not much help.

4. Katie_Morag

Hi
    yes, I'm kinda thinking of going along those lines. How do you deal with the issue of children who don't have access to internet at home?
    The children in my class have enough trouble with the regular computer login, and the glow ones are so complicated.

5. to make log in easier, get your web champion to change glow log in and password to match school computer log in. My pupils have had trouble logging in at home. We offer a lunchtime session for children with no internet access at home. I teach p1/2 and am not sure what to do with them apart from setting homework as a linj with parents. My lot can't log in on their own yet so is hard work.

6. Katie_Morag

Oh Wow!!! I didn't think that they could be changed. That's brilliant. They could be practising logging in as their homework as well. Yes, homework that they can do with their parents sounds good, as does the lunchtime session for chidlren with no internet access. There could be one session for all the children in the school with no internet access (as there are not many who don't have access) to do any homework on Glow.