1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

using excel to track pupils progress

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Natty81, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi
    I was wondering if any one can help me.
    I am trying to set up a spread sheet for the department on pupils progress.
    I used to be a wizz on excel and now we have moved to the 2010 version i cant seem to find what i want to do.
    first problem: creating a rolling average over the 6 half terms ie so the last colum will show at any point what thier current average level is.
    Second problem. conditional formating in colours so if below targe the box goes red, on target green and above target gold. Now i can set it up for one cell reading the next. however when i try to copy and paste it down to the other rows it then will only run the conditional format on the very first cell for comparsion. does anyone know how i can get it to read the cell next to it in each row.
    Many Thanks :)

2. Hi
    I was wondering if any one can help me.
    I am trying to set up a spread sheet for the department on pupils progress.
    I used to be a wizz on excel and now we have moved to the 2010 version i cant seem to find what i want to do.
    first problem: creating a rolling average over the 6 half terms ie so the last colum will show at any point what thier current average level is.
    Second problem. conditional formating in colours so if below targe the box goes red, on target green and above target gold. Now i can set it up for one cell reading the next. however when i try to copy and paste it down to the other rows it then will only run the conditional format on the very first cell for comparsion. does anyone know how i can get it to read the cell next to it in each row.
    Many Thanks :)

3. In the conditional formatting formula you need to take out the $ from between the row/column.
    i.e $c$2 needs to be $C2

Hope that helps