1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using Documentaries in Schools - How often do you use documentary films in lessons?

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by SarahMosses, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I work for the Channel 4 BRITDOC Foundation, which aims to increase the use of documentary films in both the social justice sector and use in education. (www.britdoc.org)
    We would like to launch a new online platform called the 'School of Doc', whereby teachers have access to a selection of award winning documentaries to use within the classroom. These would be accompanied by lesson plans tied in with the curriculum. The main aim here is for feature documentaries to be used across a number of subject areas, as opposed to specially made 'news' items that might feature in current planning.
    We are working with an educational consultant on the development of the site and plan to launch in time for use in September 2011. I am currently trying to gage feedback from a selection of teachers outside London (our current focus group) as to whether you would want / use such a platform and which subject areas to focus on during the pilot phase.
    If you would be willing to spare 5 mins to discuss this, we would be grateful to hear your thoughts. Please get in touch and I can send you some further information,

Sarah Mosses
    sarahm@britdoc.org

2. Hi there,
    I work for the Channel 4 BRITDOC Foundation, which aims to increase the use of documentary films in both the social justice sector and use in education. (www.britdoc.org)
    We would like to launch a new online platform called the 'School of Doc', whereby teachers have access to a selection of award winning documentaries to use within the classroom. These would be accompanied by lesson plans tied in with the curriculum. The main aim here is for feature documentaries to be used across a number of subject areas, as opposed to specially made 'news' items that might feature in current planning.
    We are working with an educational consultant on the development of the site and plan to launch in time for use in September 2011. I am currently trying to gage feedback from a selection of teachers outside London (our current focus group) as to whether you would want / use such a platform and which subject areas to focus on during the pilot phase.
    If you would be willing to spare 5 mins to discuss this, we would be grateful to hear your thoughts. Please get in touch and I can send you some further information,

Sarah Mosses
    sarahm@britdoc.org

3. Hi Sarah

I am teach a factual programme unit on the creative Diploma at level 3 at College. I would like to find out more about the project, I would definately use such a website as I am always looking for new material for my students.
    Thanks
    Nadya