1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

using data to inform teaching and learning - primary

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by KeriS, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hi everyone!

I've recently been asked to look at how we can improve our data collection/ analysis in our primary (fromnursery to Y6 - foundation phase running through to Y2) to inform strategic planning/ resource allocation, tracking vulnerable grous etc. We use INCERTS to track attainment but it doesn't include baseline, BPVS, CATs etyc etc etc! Does anyone have any ideas of where I can look for some decent documentation for this? Guidance docs are thin on the ground! I can't even seem to find school policies on the subject :/

Kind regards

2. Hi everyone!

I've recently been asked to look at how we can improve our data collection/ analysis in our primary (fromnursery to Y6 - foundation phase running through to Y2) to inform strategic planning/ resource allocation, tracking vulnerable grous etc. We use INCERTS to track attainment but it doesn't include baseline, BPVS, CATs etyc etc etc! Does anyone have any ideas of where I can look for some decent documentation for this? Guidance docs are thin on the ground! I can't even seem to find school policies on the subject :/

Kind regards

3. Ring INCERTS
    They've accomodated us in the data we need, we've added CDAP and now have a baseline, you can ask them to create spreadsheets etc. and no I don't work for them!
    Ive also set up groups for my EAL, SEN, LAC, MAT, FSM
    Stay focused on the fact that it's not the data you collect that matters, it's the questions it raises thats important.

4. Hi Keri.

It would definitely be worth asking the Incerts Support team for help with this, because I know it?s a question they?re often asked. Use support@incerts.org of course. As you say, you can?t put your CATs and your *old* baseline scores into Incerts directly, but there are some ways around this. Hopefully you know that we now offer a full system for recording, tracking and reporting against the *new* CDAP/baseline, and this is free of charge to your school: http://www.incerts.org/wiki?page=TheCDAPforBaselineinWales.

Chris.

5. heno

heno New commenter

This question sounds suspiciously like one of the questions that
    is asked on the NPQH (Wales) application form lol!
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>