1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using a web-based programme in school

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by yelof, Mar 17, 2016.

1. yelof

yelof New commenter

I would be grateful if someone could help me with the following queries:

1) Can I post to ask advice from other teachers about their experiences using a web-based computer programme in their schools? The website is https://xtramath.org and it is a free programme (on desktop computers, though there is a charge for the app version) to develop rapid recall of mental math facts. The site allows you to create individual accounts for each child in your class and then provides reports on how often they've used it and their progress. I've been using it for a week with my daughter and have been very impressed but, before suggesting to my Head to trial it in our school, I would like to get some views of other teachers using it in their schools. If feedback on such things isn't allowed on this site, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction of another site I could use.

2) Assuming it is ok to post this type of question, what forum should I use?

Many thanks.