1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Using a grobag

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by anon766, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Hi
    Most of the sleeping bags I have said 9lbs on them but I think you can get ones that say from 7lbs...my LO is 11 weeks and I started her in a bag when she was about 5 weeks and about 8 1/2 lbs...I think as long as she can't wriggle down into it because the neck is too big you should be fine :)

2. Our Grobag (official type one with poppers on the sleeves and zip down the front) is from 7lbs. I think the older style Grobag ones are from 8lbs8 - not sure about other brands. Main thing as mentioned is that her head can't slip through the head hole. Ours seems to really like her grobag as she can wriggle her legs around which she can't do when tucked in under blankets - also keeps her warm when I have to take her out of her cot to feed, whereas with blankets she always got cold! They look so cute in them too [​IMG]

3. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Thanks. How do you find nappy changes in the night- is it tricky to get into the grobag?

4. hi we just take it off for nappy as he has ahabit of wee fountains! but if you get one with a zip round the edge it would be ok. Btw there are loooads on ebay v cheap.
    Also the real grobags have poppers under the armhole to make it smaller for little babies so they can't slip down.
    I love ours!