1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

User question

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

How many PMs do you get in an average week?

Just wondering!

2. about one a month (probably less)

Though sometimes that one is many but same for a day ... from an oddball

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Mmm, same for me I think!

I wonder if it's really worth having the PM facility! We always coped before.

x

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I get very few, roughly,1 every two months or so, but I do find the facility very useful if wanting to say something particular to someone not suitable for the public forum e g comments on interview lesson ideas or replying to the bereavement thread.

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Hardly ever get any. Total of 4 ever I think and about three of those were expressions of love and sincere friendship from a total stranger. But having the facility doesnt do any harm.

6. I have used it to send a message just because it is there

If it had not been there, I would have managed

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Useful if you need to exchange an email address or personal info. My mail order snail and stick insect service relies on the pm system (it is a free service before anyone complains)!

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I get quite a few from my lovely friends!

9. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I get an occasional query about resources that I've uploaded. That's it really.

10. I only use it to express my undying love for my fellow tessers.That and solicit cash. But I never use my own name, coz I'm shy.

11. i have a number of resources i haven't 'tidied up' enough yet to put on the board but am happy to send to individuals on a caveat receiver basis - that requires email exchange, and i def prefer to do that by pm

12. Quite a lot - but mostly from the same few people. We tend to use it rather than email.

13. Just occasionally someone nice will pm me to warn me that I have stepped on a troll!
    I am always extremely grateful as I can make a prize pillock of myself without thinking!
    [​IMG]

14. I don't think PMs are used that often. Some people tend to love to claim that they have had loads of PMs from their friends supporting them in their ranting b ollocks.