1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Useful Websites for KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Over_the_hill, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I have got to compile a sheet of useful websites to give to our parents to help our KS1 children learn at home. If you have a free website that you could recommend, please let me know. Thanks in advance. x

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

None
    Young children learn best by doing and talking.
    Maybe post a link to '50 things to do before you are 11 3/4' from the national trust?

1 person likes this.
  3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

4. sparklepig2002

But they also love technology and a well written website can be consolidating and beneficial when used in conjunction with doing and talking. Don't just dismiss all websites out of hand.

1 person likes this.
  5. caterpillartobutterfly

I don't think 5-7 year olds learn best with ANY website...however good it might be.

For example 'teach your monster to read' is apparently very popular...but sharing a suitable book and using picture cards with an adult still be far better.

1 person likes this.
  6. sparklepig2002

Not all children learn in the same way, as I'm sure you know. A variety of methods and resources are useful. Not all will suit all children. I don't think there is any harm in exploring all resources and methods available. Websites add another dimension that just might inspire a child. We will have to agree to differ.

1 person likes this.
  7. caterpillartobutterfly

Absolutely, more than happy with this.:)

Usually when I agree to disagree it means I'm wrong though. :confused:

1 person likes this.
  8. sparklepig2002

:D:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Thank you both. X