1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

use of Podcasts in art?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by MrDraw, Dec 27, 2011.

1. hello, just wondered if anyone has used or is thinking of using podcast in art lessons, I'm currently thinking about having some homework tasks on a podcast accessible my students at home - through the powers of the internet, but don't quite know the best way to go about this....

2. hello the visual videos great idea, I'm my fist placement i started looking at doing stop frame animations on basic skills, like shading, blending, making thumb/pinch pots. went down well with teachers there. interns of the podcast, i was possibly thinking about basing the activity on listening to something and responding to it, (not music through) perhaps sounds from a farm, or listen to a description and produce a drawing from what is said. But also have it as a straightforward additional explanation of the task, set it in class and tell students they can access it again. Im unsure about what VLE there is at the next school I'm going to......

3. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

I would use something incredibly easy to podcast in art. Initially I used voicethread (a website) but a superior option is to simply use PowerPoint.

1) Take digital pictures and import onto PowerPoint.
    2) Record using PowerPoint the podcast evaluation. Have some questions/prompts.

I've done this in my school, so PM me if you want any help/ideas.