1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

USB essentials

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Bestupplyteacher, Aug 3, 2015.

1. If you have read my other topic about the kit list, you know that I have a PC. However though I keep my work on my memory stick too. What do you have on your USB?

I have:

Games

Portable versions of apps like VLC media player and Chrome.

Resources

Time fillers

End of term material like quizzes.

Thanks to those who reply![​IMG]

2. I rarely go into a school where it is permissible to use a USB as a supply teacher. I have given up taking one in unless I am on a long term assignment or a school I go into very regularly. In 5 years I've rarely wanted anything from it.

3. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

I've got loads on my USB.

I've got a folder of "Starters"

I also carry around a hard copy of something called "novel ideas for tired teachers" with activities that can easily adapted.

I also have a KS3 folder and a KS4 folder and I have schemes of learning on them.

I also have KS2 activities (for differentiation).

I also have an EAL/SEN folder with stuff on that.

I have a "personal" folder with notes about what works, and what doesn't. I keep other bits such as vocabulary lists and a set of "boardworks" power points for my subject.

I also try and keep a "food diary" in my personal folder. I used to keep my finances on there too (credit card debts) but don't keep that up.

I back up my USB at home on cloud and also on my lap top!

4. I have a poster that looks like this:

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/keep-calm-i-m-a-supply-teacher-11099027

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Some, even many perhaps, won't let you use a memory stick without it being checked for viruses first. One school I know of had been badly infected when a member of staff brought in a memory stick- took ages to sort out. I suspect many schools will be suspicious of what could happen ti their system.

6. You are probably right Lara. That's why I save my work to OneDrive and have 30GB of storage. I can buy more storage is I like. That is a good thing about cloud storage