1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

USA walled up

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emerald52, Jul 4, 2020.

1. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Canada and Mexico have closed their borders and Europe won’t allow flights to land.

ajrowing and lunarita like this.
  2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Didn't stop Farage coming back and breaking his 14 day quarantine to be first in the pub. Oh, I forgot, we're not in the EU any more are we. Silly me.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

So Trump got what he wanted after all (sort of).

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Can you post a link to this news story? In your brevity, I am trying to work out what you are posting and why...

5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

...and America didn't pay for it - well not in money anyway.

ajrowing likes this.
  6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

nomad and emerald52 like this.
  7. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

He's been reported to the police, but it seems doubtful that the police are bothering to check on quarantine breakers.

8. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

USA CV 19 rates are too high so Canada, Mexico and Europe have stopped all but essential travel. Trump has indeed got his way of closing the borders but not quite how he hoped.

nizebaby, smoothnewt and ilovesooty like this.
  9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

11.400 cases in Florida alone today.

Jolly_Roger15 and emerald52 like this.
  10. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I think we are still the highest deaths per head of population but they must be fast closing in.

11. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

nomad likes this.
  12. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I read that the reason Belgium are top is that every death that may have Covid as a cause is counted. Not the case in other countries. It’s the difference between the normal death rate and pandemic period that is helpful due to different demographics ( eg Italy has a very elderly population). We also have many dieing in excess of normal that are not CV deaths but linked to the disruption to the Health service.

13. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Journalists-- why are you not dogging his shadow?

emerald52 likes this.
  14. Ro13

Ro13 Occasional commenter

I don't think the whole of USA needs walling up, if they did this it would solve a lot of problems :D:)

donald-trump-wall.jpg

emerald52 and hplovegame48 like this.
  15. colpee

colpee Star commenter

It's an inaccurate story. The US has had a restricted border agreement with both Canada and Mexico since March. It is reviewed every 30 days. This is either the 3rd or 4th mutually agreed 30 day extension.

sbkrobson likes this.
  16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The death rate in Florida has shown no sign of falling since April.

17. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well quite.
    Hence my previous question.
    I read the opening post to mean there was a news story about it ie something just announced, and that was certainly the implication in the way it was said. So I just wondered what OP had just read to put it that way.