1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

USA school district requesting references?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by xmaspud, Jun 6, 2012.

1. I applied for a position in the states, (long story but i will be moving to live with my partner who is on a work visa in the states) and they have requested references. I'm just wondering if thats normal for every candidate who submits an application to a district (to the HR dep. for 4 schools) or if they are actually considering me. I did only apply yesterday!

2. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Unfortunately, there is no national standard in how applications are handled. Each state differs and often there are differences between districts within states. In my present district, the hr dept develops a long list of candidates, checks refere.nces and then forwards the long list to the principal for selection of interviews.

3. Thanks for the info, I don't think there is much chance of being offered an interview but was just curious as to how it works. I'm sure i'll have more luck once im living there:)