1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

US Trip

Discussion in 'School trips' started by pwr90125, May 23, 2015.

1. pwr90125

pwr90125 New commenter

Can anyone advise?? I'm planning a school trip to the US in 2017. We'll be starting in New York and transferring to Washington DC mid-way through. As aprt of the transfer we're planning to spend a couple of days "beach-based" in Atlantic City. However, I've heard dubious reports of Atlantic City - anyone been that can advise. Cape May is further along the coast and would be ideal for a family or adults, but I'm going to have 100-150 14-17 year old students with me. Travel companies don't really help - they just want the money.

Paul

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

150 kids! Wow. The most I ever took to the USA was 15. Sorry, I can't really help as my trips were to Chicago. Are they all responsible for getting their ESTA? Are they all British or from countries that are eligible for ESTAs?

I used trailfinders for the flights, they were always the most competitive. Will you get everyone on the same plane?

If you can link up with schools over their then they may be able to organise yellow school buses for transport. They are very cheap (and uncomfortable).

We always stayed in youth hostels.

If you need someone to bounce ideas off I am happy to try and help.