1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

US Presidential Debates 2020

Discussion in 'Personal' started by DrLinus, Sep 29, 2020.

?

My viewing intention

1. I will be watching the debates live

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. I will be watching the debates after broadcast

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. I will not be watching the debates

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

First debate tonight at Nine p.m. EDT, Two a.m. BST.
    Should be enjoyable.
    I expect the incumbent to wipe the floor with the challenger in all three rounds.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

bombaysapphire, xmal, 7eleven and 4 others like this.
  3. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Trump has so built up everyone's expectations as to the sheer magnitude of his easy victory that one wonders if people might award the contest to Biden simply because he didn't fall off his stool. Trump's Gish Gallop technique is sufficiently well known that Biden can counter it with withering sarcasm, or gentle irony. Puncturing The Donald's over-inflated ego might provoke him into making a serious error.

4. MAGAorMIGA

Trump has so built up everyone's expectations as to the sheer magnitude of his easy victory that one wonders if people might award the contest to Biden simply because he didn't fall off his stool. Trump's Gish Gallop technique is sufficiently well known that Biden can counter it with withering sarcasm, or gentle irony. Puncturing The Donald's over-inflated ego might provoke him into making a serious error.

hplovegame48 likes this.
  5. MAGAorMIGA

6. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Any Liberal smartness from Biden will endear him to people who support him anyway, and any oafishness from Trump wil endear him to people who support him anyway.

alex_teccy likes this.
  7. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

Biden's bladder will be under pressure.

alex_teccy likes this.
  8. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Lead commenter

Trump refused to condemn white supremacy. His supporters will be pleased.

9. Spoofer4114

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You mean the group led by Hispanic Enrique Tarrio?

God these lies are easy to spot.

lexus300, Kandahar and alex_teccy like this.
  11. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Star commenter

12. SparkMaths

SparkMaths Established commenter

Kandahar likes this.
  13. Tartuffe

Tartuffe Occasional commenter

I have just sat through the whole debate and feel absolutely exhausted. Chris Wallace unable to keep control of the debate. There was no real policy debate, and just constant interruption. I think Trump interrupted 73 times in an hour and a half according to BBC. There needs to be much better control of the next debate as it really didn't help anyone who is not already decided. I much prefer Biden's approach to debate - he did start to present ideas/policies but was so often interrupted. Trump was his Twitter persona - you got the feeling that he was on ALL CAPS from the start.

14. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

I feel disappointed in Biden. He should have let the orange baboon prove to the world that he is absolutely an idiot. Instead Biden let the orange trog goad him into descending into the pit for a dog fight. It was a presidential debate. Biden had the opportunity to show himself as presidential in sharp contrast to the undignified orange oaf.
    The moderator should have warned the orange neanderthal about interruptions, but did not. So what we got was pointless.

15. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

My God, that was exhausting and depressing to watch. I'm only half way through a recording of the debate last night and I have had to have a break! I have to admit that I am an "anybody but Trump guy" having watched him be such an embarrassment the the American people over the past four years. But his behaviour in the debate was just abysmal, simply talking over and under (much more annoying) anything Biden was trying to say.

I have a lot of American friends and family and I weep for them. Two very old men. What else can you say?

tall tales, smoothnewt and emerald52 like this.
  16. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Agreed, it was certainly pointless, but I don't think it was Biden descending to Trump's level. It was Trump simply talking over and muttering under every time Biden spoke. The moderator was at fault for not being able to control the debate. I don't think anybody could have, though, because Trump just doesn't have any concept of respect for anything or anybody except himself.

In the end I just hope the American people can see that Trump is merely just fluff and lies.

17. frodo_magic

frodo_magic Occasional commenter

Trump is a ******. The American nation deserves him.

18. Spoofer4114

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Bungie and chelsea2 like this.
  19. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Star commenter

Hi didn't.
    He refused to be drawn by a loaded question.
    He stated that the riots are a left-wing problem, which they are.

Then after that Joe Biden pretended Antifa doesn't exist.

Which do you think will have more traction with the US electorate?

artboyusa and lexus300 like this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Biden won't win?