1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

US election: this is what will happen

Discussion in 'Personal' started by artboyusa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

At least he found jobs for billionaires and Putin's friends ;)

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

[​IMG]

The President of The United States of America actually wrote that.
    Let it sink in

The President of The United States wrote that.

3. bonkers 704

bonkers 704 Lead commenter

Seven faithless electors in the end, five Democrats, voting for Colin Powell (3), Bernie Sanders and Faith Spotted Eagle (interesting one - the first Native American to receive an Electoral College vote), two Republicans who voted for John Kasich and Ron Paul. Even in the Electoral College, the opposition to Trump was incoherent and unco-ordinated. Trump takes control of a country in utter turmoil, facing massive threats both within and without, and as divided as it has ever been since the 1930s/1940s America First movement.

4. bonkers 704

bonkers 704 Lead commenter

Seven faithless electors in the end, five Democrats, voting for Colin Powell (3), Bernie Sanders and Faith Spotted Eagle (interesting one - the first Native American to receive an Electoral College vote), two Republicans who voted for John Kasich and Ron Paul. Even in the Electoral College, the opposition to Trump was incoherent and unco-ordinated. Trump takes control of a country in utter turmoil, facing massive threats both within and without, and as divided as it has ever been since the 1930s/1940s America First movement.

5. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

o_O

Interesting post, bonkers. But you do realise that making the same post four times doesn't make it four times as interesting?

6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I hate to tell you this but as an American I'm afraid he is. (or will be)
    Love him or loathe him he is still the President-elect and barring revolution assassination or other such calamity he will be your President.

This time you really do have my sympathy ((@sabrinakat ))

sabrinakat likes this.
  7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Not a definition of a 'calamity' I recognise...

Perhaps you meant 'serendipity'? ;)

8. Didactylos4

I take your point Frank
    But it would be a calamity for the American people were it to happen.
    The resulting troubles would make it so.

sabrinakat likes this.
  9. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I'm not sure where the line on that one is when is comes to self-confessed sexpests. The sexual assault of women is a serious crime.

Reminds me of one of my favourite Viz letter:

Hats off to the American police. They arrive at Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch to arrest him a mere six months after he admits climbing into bed with young boys on worldwide TV. Perhaps they should get some faster cars.

sabrinakat likes this.
  10. Didactylos4

I am
    Sadly many voters in the US seem to have drawn it in another place or not drawn it at all

11. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Yep, sickening....:(