1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Urgh. This is getting exhausting.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by anon4046, Nov 26, 2011.

1. She did have her own bedroom in the last place TT, but yes, I think the move has affected her.

Anyhoo - last night she had a tantrum which lasted from 6pm until 8.50pm. Then she woke up at 3.15AM.

Woo-hoo.

2. hazeymazey

hazeymazey New commenter

Oh I feel your pain. One of mine is always awake around half 5 or sometimes ealier atm. We have a gate across toddler door and a gro clock so he knows to get up when the sun comes up. He doesn't always do it mind you. I feel like I haven't slept properly since I had them. Sob. But generally i'd avoid having them in your bed. Maybe a bit of full on screaming is better to bear for a night or two as you put her back in her own bed than constant sneaking into your bed? Good luck.

3. Our 2 year old boy kept doing that, but recently he's really settled into a sleeping routine naturally (thank goodness).
    Now our 4 year old girl comes in every now and then!!!
    Sometimes we're so shattered one of them crawls into our bed and I don't even realise they're there until I wake up.
    Good luck.

4. Was just wondering OP if your LO has a daytime nap and when? how long? my LO has started waking up early and I have consulted the gina toddler book and it says something along the lines of .......if they have an earlier nap in the day say before 1pm they are more likely to wake up early. This is because they are exhausted by 7pm and go into a deeper sleep earlier on in the night. I think this proves right as my LO has been falling asleep by 11.30 as he has been up since 5am obviously he then falls asleep with his bottle at 7pm so the cycle repeats I suppose its trying to keep them up longer so that they nap after their lunch and then not as tired at 7pm. My LO is 21 months not sure how old yours is OP. Just a thought anyway.xxx

5. Hi - she doesn't have a nap these days - she's two...

6. My boy has a gate, but that is mainly as we can't put one at top of our stairs (weird shape). Anyway we also got a gro-clock over summer. It took a couple of weeks but it worked, and now he sleeps much later. He used to get up any time from 4am.

He also now goes to bed at 7.30pm.