1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

urgent request for fairy tales with a twist

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nic22, Jan 24, 2011.

1. i am looking at traditional tales with a twist - last minute decision- and unfortunately can only find one book in school that fits the bill. does anyone have any iwb versions of e.g. prince cinders, princess smartypants, three little wolves etc?

thanks.

2. i am looking at traditional tales with a twist - last minute decision- and unfortunately can only find one book in school that fits the bill. does anyone have any iwb versions of e.g. prince cinders, princess smartypants, three little wolves etc?

thanks.

3. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

You can order books on amazon which arrive speedily - why not try there?
    Sorry I can't be more helpful!

4. Look on Amazon for the Seriously Silly Stories books by Laurence Anholt
    They follow the tradition format of the well known Fairy Tale, but put different characters in eg. the football playing Cinderboy or the pop star Snow White and her 7 Aliens.
    Goes down well for KS1 and KS2 have been known to chuckle along.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

why not try writing your own or get upper KS2 staff to have their children write them?

6. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

7. Paperbag Princess? She rescues the prince in the end.
    The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig might be a good one.

Good luck.

8. Have you tried 'The Stinky Cheeseman and Other Fairly Stupid Tales' by Jon Scieszka? I used this with my Year 6 class last year and they loved it!

9. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

Roald Dahl's Goldilocks is a seriously unpleasant little madam.
    There's the one about the three pigs and the wolf where the roles are reversed but I can't remember the title. Someone will know it!

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

Silly me! You'd already mentioned it in your OP!