1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Urgent PC help - PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Jan 31, 2011.

1. How can I print the screen in front of me? I've tried just pressing print screen and its not working.
    Help! Please...

2. How can I print the screen in front of me? I've tried just pressing print screen and its not working.
    Help! Please...

3. You press print screen, then you need to open a programme - any will do, Word, Excel, Paint...
    Then use control v to paste in the image.

4. Just to add, the "prt sc" button is often a secondary function with another button, and requires you to hold the "fn" button when you press it to actually use it as a print screen button (on my keyboard, if I just press that button alone it takes me to my homepage.)

5. Thank you - both of you. Much appreciated.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

ALT + PRT SCR together

CTRL V (or Edit then Paste) to paste

It's called a screenshot, but strictly speaking it's a shot of the currently selected window, which isn't always the full screen.

To save it, paste it into either MS Paint or another graphics package then save it as you wish.

7. A wee tip, as well. Often you will paste the image (the currently selected window) but not all of it will fit into the window you have opened with whatever programme you have opened and you need to mess on resizing, layout, etc.
    It works, strangely, best in Excel. Even if it is an image.

8. Try it and see what works best for you, however!
    I do about 50 screen shots a day and always now use Excel!