1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

urgent help! Think im being paid really wrong!!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by pinknailvarnish, May 4, 2011.

1. pinknailvarnish

pinknailvarnish New commenter

Hi all, I am in my third year of teaching and started a new job in January. I have been chasing up my contract since I started and only recieved it last week. My contract states that I am on MS2 on a rate of £23,295.00. I rang my local council and alerted them to them that I should be on MS3. The man on the phone said there was an error on my copy and that on his hard copy it said MS3. I currently take home £1484.60 after tax, national insurance, pension etc. Does any one know if this is correct? Am I being paid MS2 or MS3 rate? (MS3 being £25,168)

I am really confused!! Hope someone can help!

x

2. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I'm on M2 and take home £1455 after tax, Ni and Student Loan. I don't pay into the pension so if you are also paying that contribution then you probably are on M3. I know pension for M2 was £124 a month.

3. First thing to do is to (as was said) multiply the gross monthly pay by 12 and see if it is right.
    Then check the deductions. HMRC sometimes puts people on temporary tax codes for example which doesn't give all the allowances due.