1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Urgent help - notice pay not received

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by little_miss_teach, Nov 28, 2011.

1. little_miss_teach

little_miss_teach New commenter

On Friday 14th oct my school terminated my contract due to illness. In October I was signed off til Tuesday 11th and then was in work the rest of the week until the meeting on Friday lunch.
    I received a letter confirming a months notice paid until 14th November.
    I got full pay in oct as expected but had expected to receive payment today for November - my bank is empty!!
    Whilst I have had some supply it's little and I have bills to pay.
    Obviously I want to contact the school but I first want to make sure I got the right idea? School often don't reply ( I contacts over missing certificates and still await a response ) if they don't what do I do next?
    Any help / advice welcome I'm Soo fustrated right now as I'd cut right down to essentials to see me through til my job in January !

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Contact HR/Salaries at the LA and check that you have the payday correct. For most teachers pay day will be the 30th November.
    If it's not an LA school, you'll hav eto approach the school bursar, I suppose.
    If they are willfully withholding agreed notice pay, contact your Union.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

If you were promised the notice pay, then you are entitled to it. I think your first port of call should be the school. it could either be an error or the cash being late going into your account. I would try to speak to somebody. If the school is not helpful, then call your union asap.
    BTW, do you think your tratment was fair? If not, it is another reason to speak to your union.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I agree. Haad you been off sick a lot? Did they use capability proceedings to dismiss you nad did you have Union representation for that meeting? Tey wouldn't ave been able to dismiss you, I don't think, had you stayed on sick leave!