1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Urgent help needed regarding AS

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by harpal10, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I know of someone with Aspergers and was wondering whether they would be, forgive the choice of words, "be allowed" to teach?

I need help ASAP and do universities have a specific policy on admitting students on to a PGCE course if a student has a special educational need?

All help is much appreciated

2. I should think that anyone with a disability can apply. They have already proven themselves in gaining their degree. I think their is a need for disabled role models in schools. Too often people think that because one has a disability that this means that you are not smart. This just is not so, it just means that we have faced some challanges.

I am a disabled student myself and have sucessfully gained interview for a pgce. I failed my interview but my failure was not because of my disability. I asked the university for feedback and they were very forthcomming.

You just have to be proactive and honest with the university. This way they make sure you get the help you need. Not only in interview, but also on the course.

So remember, it does not matter if you have a disability, if this is your calling. If this is what your heart desires. Then try for it. You can nothing to lose. The compertian is tough, but if you keep trying you will get there in the end.

pesky

3. Yike, note to self, make sure I read everything i post. Appologies for my poor grammer and spelling.