1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Urgent: Comments on NQT assessment forms

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by minnieminx, Mar 31, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You can be as honest as you wish. However your mentor and HT will both see it before it is sent off, so don't write anything you aren't happy to share with them.

You could write something like 'I am pleased to have met all the targets set for me last term and am looking forward to meeting the rest of the standards next term with the promised level of appropriate support.'

2. A school cannot restrict what you can write on the assessment forms. If what you say is factually correct and you can provide evidence that things were not done how or when they should have been then you should be free to write that.
    You may well wish to take up some matters directly with the LA adviser and I would hope that they can act on these comments without creating a situation where the school 'takes against' an individual for exposing flaws in their induction process and support. Also be positive for things that you feel are supportinve and helpful to you.
    I'm glad you contacted the union but do impress on them how urgent this is.
    James