1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Urgent!!!! Can you help identify a book?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by abbir, May 3, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    My year partner and I (year 3) are currently teaching the literacy Adventure and Mystery unit. Next week's planning is underpinned by a certain text, and unfortunately we cannot remember what the book or extract is called, or where it is. Help!! Does the following description ring any bells?
    Characters: Sky, Freddy and Scott
    Setting: Tully Island
    Plot: The children travel to Tully Island, find a cannonball as treasure, then get stuck because of the tide. Freddy, whose dad is a coastguard, comes to rescue them in a boat. In the end they take the treasure into school.
    Even if anybody could just add some more details, that would be great.
    Thanks
    Abbi

2. Hello all,
    My year partner and I (year 3) are currently teaching the literacy Adventure and Mystery unit. Next week's planning is underpinned by a certain text, and unfortunately we cannot remember what the book or extract is called, or where it is. Help!! Does the following description ring any bells?
    Characters: Sky, Freddy and Scott
    Setting: Tully Island
    Plot: The children travel to Tully Island, find a cannonball as treasure, then get stuck because of the tide. Freddy, whose dad is a coastguard, comes to rescue them in a boat. In the end they take the treasure into school.
    Even if anybody could just add some more details, that would be great.
    Thanks
    Abbi

3. Don't know that one, but Helen Moss writes a series called adventure island, which might help if you don't get the book you need.:)

4. Thanks a lot, we'll run with that. I'm afraid the other one is lost in the mists of time!