1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Urgent advice needed Re: NQT year completion

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by gemmas03, Feb 20, 2011.

  1. I have completed two terms of my NQT year in the same LEA. Do I have to complete my third term in the same LEA or can it be a different one?
  2. littlemissraw

    littlemissraw Occasional commenter

    As far as I'm aware it can be a different one x
  3. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    Yes the induction year can be completed elsewhere but be sure that the paperwork is transferred. The 2 assessment forms will need to be passed on to your new employing school.
  4. As stated, you can complete your third term in a different school and/or LA. Although the school and LA have a legal duty to keep the paperwork they have on you and pass it to a new employer, but check on this and ensure that it happens. Before you leave it is a good idea to make sure that you have copies of all the relevant forms.

Share This Page