1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Upsetting review!!!

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, Oct 15, 2017.

1. labellaroma

labellaroma New commenter

I have just received a very negative review and it has really upset me. The resource in question has already received 5 reviews, all of which are positive. 4 reviews have rated it with 5 stars and the other one with 4 stars. However the one I have just received left 1 star but the comment read 'nothing hated it.' The person who left it is from Saudia Arabia and has not uploaded any resources. Why would anyone take the time to be so cruel. I have lots of free resources and over the years since I have been a member I have received lots and lots of reviews. Never ever have I received a review so hurtful. I intend contacting Tes tomorrow to inform them of this unkind and unjustified review. I am unsure as to wether or not reply to this person. Any advice please?

2. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Clearly a troll review, I would simply ignore it. Tes will most likely remove it if you contact them. Stay positive ;)

labellaroma likes this.
  3. labellaroma

G
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Nice to know there are some kind and caring people on Tes. However, can you explain to me what a troll is? Not come across that yet.

hoppytimes likes this.
  4. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

A troll (according to wikipedia) is Someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

labellaroma likes this.
  5. labellaroma

Thank you again. Have a lovely evening.

hoppytimes likes this.
  6. A1EnglishResources

A1EnglishResources New commenter

Not pleasant but try not to let it upset you. Apparently there has been a spate of similar reviews recently. Focus on the four positive reviews!

labellaroma likes this.
  7. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

Hold your head high and don't rise to their bait. Contact the TES, explain the situation and I'm sure the review will be dealt with. :)

labellaroma likes this.
  8. labellaroma

Thank you for your kind words. They are much appreciated.

9. labellaroma

Thank you. I will follow your advice.

10. corcuera

corcuera New commenter

You can very easily report a review and explain what the issue is. TES are very good at dealing with them.
    Good luck!

labellaroma likes this.
  11. george1963

george1963 Occasional commenter

If I ever read mostly positive reviews and there is one bad one I usually think the bad one says more about the poster. (i.e not the actual resource.)

Antinko, Krazikas and corcuera like this.
  12. labellaroma

Problem is sorted. The review in question has been deleted. Thanks to everyone who showed concern and was kind enough to leave comments.

13. theworm123

theworm123 Lead commenter

I'm just a visitor to this area of the forum, but @labellaroma if you've never had a negative review other than that troll; you must doing something right :).

14. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @labellaroma, I'm glad that the problem has been resolved.

Thank you to everyone who helped the OP.