1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Upset - don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon8315, May 24, 2011.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I have two interviews on the same day, both full day events and both likely not to be short of good applicants.
    I have no idea which one to go for [​IMG]
    There is one I'd prefer to work in, if I'm completely honest but then the competition will probably be quite a lot stiffer.
    I don't know what to do.

2. Definitely the one you want more.

3. As far as I can see, competition's stiff for everything! If you go for the one you don't want as much and don't quite get it... Think positive and really go for it at your first-choice. Hope you bag it.

4. I've turned down several interviews to concentrate on a school I really want to work in. The competition will be a lot tougher, but this school is so suited to me that I don't feel I can NOT attend the interview. I know my chances are probably fairly slim of securing a post there, but the way I see it is that when I'm offered a job, I want to feel over the moon about it- not feel "great, but now I can't attend the interview at X school so I'll never know..." I appreciate that the job situation is hard and many people feel that beggars can't be choosers (and it's true to some extent), but you could end up not getting the second choice job anyway and then you'd never stop thinking 'what if...?'

5. If you go for your preferred option and don't get it, you'll clearly ask yourself if you made the right decision. But think about the same happening the other way around. What if you go for the second choice, assuming that competition won't be as fierce, but don't get the job? Then you really will be kicking yourself...