1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UPS?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by becktonboy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

agree with the minx - and if you are going onto the Leadership Scale, then UPS becomes irrelevant anyway.

2. Hi Thanks for all your replies.
    It won't be on the leadership scale - it will be mps or ups with a tlr - at primary that still puts you on slt.
    That's why i wasn't sure - ups will make a difference to my pay.
    I thought it was only at secondary that slt was all leadership scale.

3. Dont know about secondary but you are certainly right about about SLT at primary not necessarily being on Leadership scale.
    Be aware it can get a bit tricky as to what you are expected to do, eg those in 'leadership posts' are expected to cover lunch duties, but if you are not on leadership scale then are you expected to do the same as someone who is? etc etc.
    Good luck! :)

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

A TLR doesn't necessarily put you on SLT. In our school the TLRs are middle leaders and the SLT are all on the leadership scale and it was the same in my previous two schools. But in some schools the TLRs are part of the SLT. You'll need to check as you apply.

But it still stands that you put your current scale point on your application, not what you hope for in Sept.

5. It is definitely on slt - part of the job spec and I wouldn't really be interested if it wasn't as I am already on slt at my current school. I must admit though that your point has made me aware that i need to watch that if I apply for other jobs because the last few schools i have worked in have been tlr equals slt and i thought that was standard primary practise.
    thanks for all your help and good wishes. [​IMG]