1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UPS to MPS

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by joannep808, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I have been on UPS for approximately 12 years and have actually been on UP3 for the past 3 years as Foundation Stage Leader in my current school. In July I will be leaving and am looking for a teaching position more locally. Despite being judged as Outstanding for both teaching and leadership in our last inspection, I do not wish to take up a role with extra responsibility due to family circumstances. Instead I would like to put my energies into being an excellent class teacher and am obviously happy to offer my experience and expertise in any way that I can. What are the rules and regulations around moving from UPS to MPS?

2. coppull

coppull New commenter

Sorry you cannot move down. MPS and UPS are all part of the same Pay Scale.
    You receive UPS3

3. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

UPS should not specifically being giving you extra responsibitities anyway. It is there to reflect the experience you have. TLRs are there to renumerate extra responsibilities.