1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UPS Question

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by DaisysLot, Jan 23, 2012.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

This is not nescessarily correct and would depend on the school appointing, though presumably if you were to move elsewhere it would be for a promotive role also on the leadership pay spine.... I would say that your passing through threshold is negated now, but I would ask for something in writing from your school. Threshold progression has caused folk issues in recent years and I hear more and more from folk being asked to provide 'proof' of progression when appointed to a new school and often the only evidence of that is a letter from the school....

2. Hi,

You would automatically go on to the UPS assuming you had completed a year on Leadership but it us up to the Governing Body of the new school where to place you on the spine. Presumably you could haggle but you do not have the right to be paid at UPS3.

3. a friend of mine was promoted to deputy head within her primary school and she was paid on the leadership scale in that school. But she was told if she left that school and went back to main scale teaching or supply, she would be paid on the main scale unless she could prove that she had attained UPS 1,2,&3. She had not gained UPS 3 but decided to complete it - just in case.Hope that helps?