1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UPS evidence needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by spiceson, Oct 3, 2015.

1. spiceson

spiceson New commenter

Before I can get UPS my school has asked for a report on how I have met the standards but I cannot use any evidence from my TLR role in the school. Any suggestions would be helpful

2. Orifice

Orifice New commenter

No suggestions just yet, but I think it will be interesting to see how this pans out this year, what with the varied pay policies across schools/boroughs, an' all. I can envisage applications being rejected due to applicant not being able to evidence an exemplary learning environment, or something equally ridiculous. Might be worth starting a "Going through threshold" thread over on Workplace Dilemmas (Pay and Conditions has gone now, right?). Everyone applying this year could congregate there and share tales of joy and woe over the next few weeks?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Orifice @spiceson
    Pay and Conditions forum can be found here in Whole School.

4. EvilAsh

EvilAsh Occasional commenter

Your Lesson obs and end of year performance document, combined with evidence of whole school impact should be enough.

5. sezza75

sezza75 New commenter

hi ive been asked to complete an application for my UPS, i have to write down evidence for each section of the threshold application. Is this right? I have written and evidenced for P1 and P2 and shown lesson obs and appraisals but im not getting supported either....just feeling like im being asked to jump through hoops.

6. SchoolBoyError

SchoolBoyError Occasional commenter

It really depends what's in your school's pay policy. My old school required written evidence to move from MPS to UPS.

7. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I guess it will also depend on what your TLR role is. UPS requires some evidence of whole school improvement. I approach threshold next year so asked at this year's PDI to include some targets that will show whole school improvement, making it easier to evidence when it happens. I've put in a subject specific target to improve T&L across the school in this subject area and another in regards to supporting other members of staff.

8. princess77

princess77 New commenter

When I went through UPS my experience was that described by EvilAsh. Subject action plan with targets and whether or not they were achieved were looked at (whole school development of a core subject) plus lesson observations etc. Good luck!