1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UPS application letter

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by cadtally, Oct 7, 2017.

1. cadtally

cadtally New commenter

Hi,

I am currently at the top of the main pay scale and received a letter from my head explaining I can apply for UPS linked with my role as lead of EYFS however I am struggling with how to word my letter and what to include any samples or advice please?

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Why do you need to write a letter?
    If your head already knows you can have UPS, can't you just tell them 'yes please'?

3. cadtally

cadtally New commenter

Nope they have requested I write a letter outlining what I will discuss at performance management

4. Pomz

Pomz Lead commenter

Imagine you were applying for your own job. Write a couple of paragraphs explaining how important you are to outcomes/successes across your whole school and outlining a few key acheivements.

Then request to be placed on the upper scale.

Job done :)

5. shamps

shamps New commenter

You shouldn't have to write a letter.... you should be making notes for your performance mangement meeting stating how you met your targets & why you should be on UPS

Hope that helps

6. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

but if their school policy states you must write a letter then write a letter you must!

7. Pomz

Pomz Lead commenter

Generally, moving to UPS does require a written application.

8. cadtally

cadtally New commenter

Sorted application going forward!