1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Upper urinary tract infection

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Tess_Dubs, Apr 4, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    In quite a lot of pain, doc has given me antibiotics for a week. Only been taking them two days, so I know I'm being a bit impatient but I'm FED UP!
    Also, my chest has started to feel really strange today. Hard to describe, but it feels a bit like the aftermath of running - not the immediate pant-type breathing, more the slight burning sensation you get after its calmed down?
    Sorry, I haven't explained any of this very well, I live on my own and am just looking for sympathy I think!
    Tess

2. [​IMG]
    In quite a lot of pain, doc has given me antibiotics for a week. Only been taking them two days, so I know I'm being a bit impatient but I'm FED UP!
    Also, my chest has started to feel really strange today. Hard to describe, but it feels a bit like the aftermath of running - not the immediate pant-type breathing, more the slight burning sensation you get after its calmed down?
    Sorry, I haven't explained any of this very well, I live on my own and am just looking for sympathy I think!
    Tess

3. Oo, ouch. I've had a few urinary tract infections and it bloody HURTS. The antibiotics will work though, so hang in there. And obviously avoid alcohol, sugar and citrus and tomato based products.
    No idea what the chest thing could be though, sorry.

4. Indigestion?

Have a look at the leaflet that came with your tablets and see what side effects they have. Hope you feel better soon ... UTIs are pretty miserable.

5. Thanks for replies!
    Am feeling marginally better today (no longer have hot water bottle stapled to my back and I can walk up stairs!). Have developed a nice cold to round it all off though! Guessing that is why my chest was playing up.
    Sigh. Always in the hols....
    Tess

6. Finished antibiotics yesterday but still in pain.
    Does anyone know if I should go back to the doctor or not? The one I saw last week wasn't at all friendly and I don't want to feel like a nuisance.
    How are you feeling, Tess?

7. I'm okay, thanks. Finished my ABs now too, and still getting the odd twinge but nothing like before!
    I'd give it a couple of days and see if it settles down. If not, go back and see a (new!) doctor.
    Tess x